Katherine B. Lynch, OD, FAAO graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a degree in both Zoology and Spanish. Following graduation, Dr. Lynch attended the New England College of Optometry in Boston, MA for her Doctor of Optometry. She completed her residency in Ocular Disease and Low Vision, with an emphasis in Brain Injury Rehabilitation at the VA West Haven in West Haven, CT, home to one the Department of Veterans Affairs Residential Blind Rehabilitation Centers. She has been a Fellow in the American Academy of Optometry since 2015.
Prior to joining Jenkins Eye Care, Dr. Lynch was an Assistant Professor at the Illinois College of Optometry with both clinical and didactic assignments. She served in the Illinois Eye Institute working with students and residents in ocular disease clinics and urgent care. She is an experienced educator, lecturer, and clinician. She has lectured at both local and national events as well as having numerous papers at national meetings.
Dr. Lynch coordinates the Clinical Research done at Jenkins Eye Care, upholding a practice value to contribute to medical advances in eye care. She is also our liaison for eye care providers in the community, ensuring seamless continuity of care for all our patients. In addition to ocular health evaluations and pre/post operative care, Dr. Lynch is thrilled to offer Low Vision services at JEC to assist patients with reduced vision meet their visual goals. A Chicago native, she now happily resides in Honolulu with her husband, daughter, and aussiedoodle. She enjoys reading, cooking, hiking, traveling, and attending live entertainment. She is on the Hawaii Public Radio Generation Listen Leadership team, and volunteers with Project Vision Hawaii.
Visit the Low Vision services page.
- College – University of Wisconsin-Madison – Madison, WI
- Optometry School – New England College of Optometry – Boston, MA
- Indian Health Service – Santa Fe, NM
- VA Boston Healthcare System, Jamaica Plain – Jamaica Plain, MA
- South End Community Health Center – Boston, MA
- Special Populations – Boston, MA
- West Haven Veterans Affairs Medical Center: Ocular Disease and Low Vision – West Haven, CT
- American Academy of Optometry, Fellow
- Hawaii Optometric Association, Member
- Accreditation Council on Optometric Education, Consultant