Cataracts are the number one cause of blindness in the world and result when the natural lens inside our eyes becomes cloudy. Cataracts do not go away on their own, and surgical intervention is appropriate once they become visually significant or negatively impact quality of life. With modern cataract surgery, patients can achieve not only greater clarity but reduced dependence on glasses*.
- Cloudy or blurry vision
- Colors look faded
- You can’t see well at night
- Lamps, sunlight, or headlights seem too bright
- Halos around lights
- Double vision
- You have to change the prescription for your glasses often
- Aging is the most common cause of cataracts.
- Diabetes, trauma, or certain medications, can result in premature cataracts.