Jenkins Eye Care offers the most advanced state-of-the-art LASIK technology known as the WaveLight® Refractive Suite. It gives our LASIK patients the best possible results for laser vision correction today.
State-of-the-art technology is at the heart of every successful LASIK procedure and Jenkins Eye Care is at the forefront, employing only the latest technologies and advancements for laser vision correction.
Dr. Tyrie Jenkins performs LASIK and PRK utilizing the fastest surgery platform in the United States. Its components consist of the WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser, the WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser and a swivel bed specifically designed to optimize time and accuracy performing a Blade-Free LASIK procedure. This combination allows us to provide our patients a customized treatment for nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
First Component- the WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser
The WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser used in flap creation is the fastest femtosecond laser available in the United States with a standard flap creation time of 6 seconds. The shape, thickness, size and even the edge bevel can be pre-set to ensure a more accurate treatment and faster recovery.
Second Component- the WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser
The WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser used to re-shape the cornea is the only excimer laser to operate at 500Hz. It has an average treatment time of 1.4 seconds per diopter of treatment. With a powerful multi-dimensional eye tracker, this laser offers the highest safety and exceptional precision.
Everyone’s Goal: Successful LASIK surgery
To most patients successful LASIK surgery means a safe surgery with great results. Jenkins Eye Care agrees. In order to accomplish this goal, we have highlighted the essential steps we take to assure the utmost safety for our patients.
- Jenkins Eye Care requires a thorough LASIK evaluation prior to surgery and offers it free of charge.
- Jenkins Eye Care employs the best technology in the world to lift the flap in LASIK surgery with the WaveLight®FS200 Femtosecond Laser.
- We use the state-of-the-art WaveLight®EX500 Excimer Laser to reshape the cornea during surgery.
- Jenkins Eye Care performs the appropriate follow up care to make certain patients are healing properly.
WaveLight Refractive Suite
The Finest Technology for Superior Visual Results
Precise and Rapid Treatments = Better Patient Outcomes
There are many advantages to the WaveLight® Refractive Suite, but the most important benefit of this superior technology is the improved quality of vision. Patients report excellent results and higher levels of satisfaction!
This platform suite consists of three components:
- The WaveLight® FS200 Femtosececond Laser
- The WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser
- Customized swivel bed
They combine to produce the fastest and most accurate refractive procedures in the United States. The total technology-related procedure time from start to finish is typically 20 seconds for myopia.
Advantages of the WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser
Using the WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser, Dr. Jenkins creates the flap in 6 seconds. It gives our sugeons precise control over both the depth and the diameter of the flap providing multiple benefits compared to other Femtosecond lasers and older technologies.
This blade-free LASIK procedure has multiple advantages:
Faster is Better for both Safety and Results
- The faster flap creation allows for reduced issues with visual distortions. It minimizes the increase in intra-ocular pressure time and enhances visual restoration.
- The cornea consists of water and collagen, and when the flap is lifted, moisture evaporates. The longer a flap remains lifted, and the water and tissue evaporate, the laser can remove an excess amount of tissue compromising the results. With the fast lift time, less water evaporates and the treatment is optimized producing better results.
- A high precision treatment requires high precision laser pulses. The WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser uses PerfectPulse Technology® to produce precision at high speed.
- The second part of the treatment can be initiated immediately after the flap is made with no downtime.
- Faster creation of the flap and the entire procedure is less stressful for patients
Precision and Uniform Thickness of the Flap
The WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser produces uniform flap thickness. This precision results in a smoother and thinner flap and one that is better hydrated- ultimately providing excellent patient outcomes.
Better Quality of Vision
All the prior advantages lead to better quality of vision for patients. Patients experience less dry eye, less glare and haze, less sensitivity to light, and less pain or chance of corneal abrasions.
Advantages of the WaveLight EX500 Excimer Laser
Once the flap is lifted, the WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser is used to reshape and sculpt the cornea. It corrects the three common refractive errors of nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
This state of the art excimer laser, and the only one to operate at 500Hz, combines improvements in refractive technology to produce fast and reliable blade free procedures. It uses WaveFront Optimized® and WaveFront-Guided laser vision correction to deliver superior results. It is designed to work perfectly with the WaveLight® FS200 Femtosecond Laser.
Speed and Safety
- The WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser uses PefectPulse Technology® to be among the fastest excimer lasers in the world.
- Its speed of 1.4 seconds per diopter produces a highly precise treatment with the cornea becoming less dehydrated.
- Faster treatment time allows less time for patient eye movement.
- The WaveLight® EX500 Excimer Laser and PerfectPulse Technology® use eye tracking technology to follow the eyes fastest movements.
- It tracks eye movements 10x faster than the movement of the natural eye and accurately places each laser pulse.
- The unique WaveLight® advanced lighting system helps lessen patient eye movement enabling Dr. Jenkins to find the eye’s perfect treatment position.
WaveLight® Blade–free LASIK technology has the only lasers using WaveFront Optimized Technology® to give patients better night vision and less glare. As it maintains the natural shape of the cornea, each treatment is customized to a patient’s individual corneal curve and refraction. WaveLight Refractive Technology gives patients the customized outcome they deserve.
Dr. Jenkins uses the information from a patient’s LASIK evaluation to create an individualized treatment plan. You can expect the best technology, the best care and best attention to detail at Jenkins Eye Care.
Jenkins Eye Care combines our state-of-the-art technology with our attention-to-detail patient care to accomplish our common goal: a safe and successful LASIK procedure.
Call (855) 522-2020.